In 1921, George Halas inherited co-ownership of the Decatur Staleys from A.E Staley. The team moved to Wrigley Field (known as Cubs Park). The other occupants at that time were the Chicago Cubs and so the Chicago Bears were born, to keep with the theme or bears and cubs.
The club's first logo was introduced in the early 1950s as a black bear on top of a football. They kept this until 1962, when the Bears trademark 'C' logo was first introduced.
In 1974, the team decided to keep the same white 'C' logo but to change the color of it from white to orange with a white trim. This is the current logo; however, the club has since introduced alternative logos, including a black bear inside of the orange wishbone 'C', introduced in 1995, and an orange bear head, introduced in 1999.
Bears Logo - 1954-1973
Bears Logo - 1962-1972