The image used by this company dates back to the year 1772, when the sword maker Henry Nock of London opened a small business. The business was taken over in 1805 by Nock's son-in-law James Wilkinson. The company was eventually renamed in 1887 as the "The Wilkinson Sword Company." Initially the company was set up to manufacture everything from typewriters to bicycles and motorcycles, prior to moving in to the electric shaver in 1898. The logo we see to the left goes all the way back to the heart and founder of the company - Nock - who was a sword maker. In addition, it still maintains its relevancy on the basis of the company's continued efforts in manufacturing and selling razor-blades and razors.